Hello first day of summer!! I’m excited for today’s post sharing a foundation routine that I have been using lately. It’s more of a dewy, glowing-bronzed-skin look which is suitable for this season. First of all, I’ve been using Jergens Natural Glow tanning lotion for a couple of months now. I love how it makes my skin look more tan for the summer in a natural looking way. If you haven’t used it, you should try it and let me know how it works out for you. Check out my my Jergens blog post HERE.
Here’s my step-by-step tutorial on how I achieve this dewy, bronzed skin look. This is after I have already applied eye make-up.
After having sprayed my skin to freshen up, I used BECCA Cosmetics – Backlight Priming Filter all over my face. Whenever the light bounces off my skin, it gives it a radiant glow. It also has a shimmer to it, but isn’t glittery.
- I love to use Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream for this kind of weather. It feels soft and lightweight on my face. Plus, it’s totally natural looking which is the best way to have it for summer. I used my fingers to apply it, focusing on the areas which I outlined on the image above.
- I then used liquid concealer Bare Minerals Bareskin Concealer with medium to full coverage. I applied it under only the dark areas under my eyes, bridge of my nose, and a little bit on my upper lip.
- Using a powder brush and translucent powder, I tapped it off before applying this product so that I wouldn’t get too much on my skin. Doing this helps to avoid cakiness. I only focused on putting this powder under my eyes and little bit on my forehead. By doing this, it keeps my skin from having a matte finish and still look natural.
- To warm up my face, I used Rimmel Natural Bronzer and gently slid it on the side of my cheeks, around my forehead, sides of my nose, and around my jaw area.
- To start highlighting, I sprayed my brush with this product and used Hard Candy Bake Bronzer as my highlighter for my upper cheeks, bridge of my nose, center of my forehead and my upper lip. Make sure to blend it well.
- To make my skin look summer-ready, I love to use a golden bronzer. Using a big round brush, I slid it off to the sides of my forehead and sides of my cheeks.
I’m wearing this beautiful necklace from Rebecca Lankford Designs
Have Pinterest? Pin this image to your favorite beauty board so you can save this tutorial.
Have a wonderful first day of summer!
P.S Some of the links on this post are affiliate links, meaning if you click on them and purchase the product/s, I will receive a commission.