I was trying to put out some of my maternity clothes last week and I saw this old rose dress which I wore in a wedding when I had my baby bump around 13 weeks. I can’t believe that within 2 years we are surrounded by 2 handsome little boys that makes me and my husband’s lives crazy yet beautiful and exciting! As a stay-home-mom with my 2 little ones is like a rollercoaster ride, sometimes you are in high peak of different emotions and sometimes everything is just slow and cool. But as my husband always reminds me, babies will not be forever; they will grow up and go to school and Brent and I will have more time together. I think God uses my children to teach us to be more patient and be thankful of life that He offers to us.
Here are the products that I used and easy steps on how I created this Simple Romantic look for Valentine’s day. I thought to create a simple romantic look for Valentine’s day using some of the new products I got on December. Since it’s winter, I skip bright pink (I save that for Spring and summer) and opt to natural pinkish look. I also only used a sheer foundation so my skin will glow. Less is more
- Moisturize your face except the eyelids. Apply your favorite foundation, I used this sheer liquid foundation from Pacifica Beauty.
- Apply the concealer only on dark areas of your under eyes, around the nose to cover up some redness if there’s any and a little bit on the eyelids as the base of the eyeshadow.
- Gently pat down some pressed powder using big round brush all over your face.
- Using these eyeshadow colors, I used the deep brown color to fill up my eyebrows using small angle brush and used the light shimmer over the brow bone. Apply the lighter brown matte eyeshadow using blending brush over the crease back and forth. Go back and use the deep brown matte eyeshadow to pat down all over the eyelid using flat brush and some over the lower lash line. For the upper lash line, line with a gel black eyeliner using small pointed brush. Follow your natural eye shape.
- To finish the eye makeup look, use a white shimmer on the tear duct to open up your eyes and to add a romantic look. If you prefer, use false lashes for this look but of course, mascara is fine as well.
- Apply your favorite natural pinkish lipstick, I used Clinique in Matte Beauty all over my lips. I applied it in 2 coats.
- Apply your prefered blush, I used MAC blush powder in Peachykeen and used the same big round brush to apply it over the apple of the cheeks.
- To finish this look, I used this sheer highlighter from Pacifica Beauty, I used the lighter one over my nose bridge, upper lips, upper cheeks and on my chin.
For contouring (which is optional), check my step-by-step tutorial here
I am loving this foundation that I received from Pacifica Beauty a couple of months ago. This is my on-the-go foundation for a busy mama like me. It has very sheer finish and I love to use my fingers and apply it on my face. It is a liquid foundation and lightweight. Did I mention that their products are Vegan and cruelty-free?
I got this from my mother-in-law, it comes with other makeup and beauty stuff from Clinique. As you know, I am a fan of matte lip finish and this is perfect for me! The name of the lipstick is perfect too “Matte Beauty”. The texture is so comfortable to my lips and it doesn’t make my lips dry even it’s matte. This is perfect color for those who want to wear something pink yet natural for Valentine’s day.
2 weeks to go before Valentine’s day! What look are you planning? Check out my other makeup tutorials here and here to help you and might give you some ideas. Or feel free to comment if you need an advice!
“But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day” 2 Peter 3:8